I don’t recall the first book I’ve ever read, but I remember that, at primary school, teachers would take us to the “kids library”, where we would spend a couple of hours per week going through books or listening to a story. It was a large room with big windows at one side, shelves full of children’s books on the other side, and a mountain of colored cushions on the far end of the room, which was the first destination of all of us. There were no tables in the room, so we would choose (or fight for) a cushion and spread along the place with books in hands. Since then, and also because my parents are avid readers (and I’m thankful to them for sharing and encouraging me the passion for books), I have lost myself in hundreds of different stories, places, worlds, wars, crime scenes, and even some love stories, although these are not my favorite.
Being books one of my greatest passions, I cannot name only one as my favorite – it wouldn’t be fair with all the others. I can, though, name a few that are special:
- Miracle in the Andes: 72 days on the mountain and my long trek home – written by Nando Parrado
- Alive – written by Piers Paul Read
- Abusado, o dono do morro Dona Marta – written by Caco Barcellos
- The Shadow of the Wind – written by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
- Nineteen Eighty-Four – written by George Orwell
- The Book Thief – written by Markus Zusak
- The Lord of the Rings – written by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Harry Potter – written by J.K. Rowling
- Millennium Trilogy – written by Stieg Larsson
And all books of “A Song of Ice and Fire”, written by George R.R. Martin
Also, there are some authors that I’m a big fan of: Irvine Welsh, Patricia Cornwell, Tess Gerritsen and, most recently, George R.R. Martin.
So I decided to write this blog with no intention other than to share my passion with whoever is interested in reading good books.
P.S.: Just want to apologize in advance for any grammatical mistake you may find in the posts – English is not my mother language, and although I’m always trying to improve, some mistakes can and will happen.